Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

No, I'm Not a Skeleton with a Scythe

And don't let Gabriel hear you describe him like that, either. Skeletons in black robes. The Grim Reaper. Yeah, I guess if I saw something like that coming at me with a huge scythe, I'd be freaking out, too.

Not that the sight of one pissed off angel isn't enough to make me turn and make tracks. And between Samael and Gabriel, I don't know who's worse. Both wield very sharp, pointy objects. Oh, so do I, but my schiavona is nowhere near as menacing.

Anyway, I'd better introduce myself. I'm Xariel, an angel of death and former Watcher(or Grigori). I used to work for Gabriel, until Samael manipulated Metatron into reassigning me. I don't mind working with my ex-lover, it's just the idea of dealing with his machinations.

My wingspan is 13 feet, give or take, and my height is six feet, eight inches. Not terribly tall for an angel. The others are taller. Our superior, Metatron, chooses to appear as seven feet tall, but in reality, you'd never be able to see his face; he'd tower miles above the earth.

Okay, not that you care about height or wingspans. It's just I get so tired of seeing us portrayed with wings that obviously wouldn't support our bodies in flight. Not to mention any weapons we carry. Gabriel's scythe has a seven foot handle and a five foot blade. Hard enough to wield that thing in flight.

But I digress. Plenty of time for rants later. I've got to get to work.

Later, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment